Follow by Email

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Bad Ass Coffee (The Blue Danube San Francisco)

San Francisco:



Easily my favourite city in the world. I've been visiting there since the age of 3, and every time I go I seem to discover some new aspect to it, some new cool area or food outlet. In much the same way I feel you can 'stumble upon' the weird and wonderful in the big smoke of London, SF itself is a city of cool colourful places.

One of the best of these is the Blue Danube, located on the lively Clement Street:


Located just a stones throw from the truly awesome Green Apple bookstore, this is the perfect place to stop and put you feet up with hot cup of coffee before embarking on a day of shopping (something my bro and I do on almost each visit). Inside you'll find a warm inviting atmosphere, decor adorned with renaissance art, and - MOST IMPORTANLY, an incredible sandwich menu!


When I mean sandwiches I mean proper sandwiches. Not a pathetic triangular, white bread sans crusts - cut with cucumber and maybe some ham. I mean proper, home made subs. Bread so fresh it feels it was just baked, filled with cooked to perfection turkey breast and topped with avacado.

Upon my last visit there I more or less headed straight to the Danube, and was still tuned into 'UK mode'. After ordering the fear of not being satisfied by a mere sandwich gripped me, but when this truly heroic sub was put on my table I knew there was zip to worry about (put it this way - it doubled as dinner!).

Lastly - and by no means least the coffee. What coffee it is - my bro and I ordered Mocha's. These things had a smooth, creamy taste, and managed that fine balance of not being too strong a taste but being sweet enough so that no sugar was required. Truly the best 'pick me up' to have before an afternoon of shopping until dropping.

Be warned - do not add sugar. The coffee here is pretty powerful, below is a pretty good reconstruction of what we were experiencing on the bus after:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CglvOos2bA

The Blue Danube can be found at:

06 Clement St, San Francisco, CA 94118, United States

Opening hours: 


Monday7:00 am – 10:00 pm
Tuesday7:00 am – 10:00 pm
Wednesday7:00 am – 10:00 pm
Thursday7:00 am – 10:00 pm
Friday7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Saturday7:00 am – 11:00 pm
Sunday7:00 am – 10:00 pm

Telephone: +1 415-221-9041

No comments:

Post a Comment